The Google for Nonprofits initiative, provides access to Google products and services to qualifying organisations.
To find out more, and enroll, visit their website – http://www.google.co.uk/nonprofits/
For a thorough list of benefits, and real case studies explaining how they are being used by other nonprofits around the world – http://www.google.co.uk/nonprofits/onlinebasics/
This Google initiative comes highly recommended!
The package of products and services include:
Google Apps for Nonprofits
Reduce your IT costs and help staff and volunteers work together more effectively.
Google Apps for Nonprofits offers your organisation the flexibility and cost-effectiveness of cloud computing and the ability to do real-time collaboration.
Get the job done with Google Apps for Nonprofits:
- Work better with colleagues through online collaboration
- Store documents in the cloud: 30GB of storage across Gmail and Google Drive
- Stay connected from anywhere; securely access data anywhere
- Get things done faster by automating processes
- 24/7 support; no hardware, no updates
- Free version of Google Apps for Nonprofits
Understand how people find and interact with your website & take action
Google Analytics is a free Google product that gives valuable insights into your website activity. Understand how people find your website, where they spend the most time on your site, and more.
Make more informed decisions with Google Analytics:
- Measure the engagement of your supporters on your site
- Determine which of your AdWords ads are most effective
- Identify and understand how volunteers, donors and stakeholders interact with your website
- Track the effectiveness of social media
Google Ad Grants
Reach and engage your supporters through online advertising with AdWords.
Google Ad Grants is the nonprofit edition of AdWords, Google’s online advertising tool. Google Ad Grants empowers nonprofit organizations, through in-kind AdWords™ advertising, to promote their missions and initiatives on Google.com.
With Google Ad Grants, you can:
- Use online advertising to reach donors, volunteers and consumers when they’re searching on Google
- Raise awareness by choosing relevant keywords and creating unique ads to highlight your work
- Track online donations, newsletter sign-ups, volunteer registrations and more so you can see what’s working and what’s not
- Promote your organisation’s website on Google with in-kind AdWords advertising
YouTube for Nonprofits
Tell the story of your organisation or cause through video on YouTube.
Broadcast to the world’s largest online video community. Make it easy for people to give with convenient “Donate now” buttons right next to the video. This enriched version of YouTube is free when you join the Google for Non-profits programme.
Lights. Camera. Action:
- Connect with supporters, volunteers and donors who can watch and share your videos on YouTube.
- Drive viewers to action by placing a Call-to-Action overlay directly on your videos
- Customise the look & feel of your channel with your organisation’s logo and branding
- Drive fundraising through a Google Checkout “Donate” button.
Google Earth Outreach
Visualise your cause and tell your story through Google’s mapping technologies.
Mapping tools like Google Earth and Google Maps allow you to visualise your cause. Move people to action by showing your work visually on a map.
Map out success for your organisation:
- Create a customised map of your project sites in 10 minutes with Google Maps
- Create a narrative Google Earth movie and make it available on YouTube
- Host geo-spatial data online with Maps Engine & publish polished maps to the web with a Google Maps Engine grant*
- Collect data in the field with Android devices and Open Data Kit and map your data
- Online tutorials to help you get the most out of all available mapping tools
*Google Maps Engine grants not currently available through Google for Nonprofits. Learn more at Google Earth Outreach.